• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen Processors Warranty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cezar

Hello everyone,

I am contemplating buying a 1600 chip that with a sealed box from a person, not a store. My concern is whether the 3 year warranty on the chip is transferable or I lose it? From my search on-line, I could not find a straight answer to the question.
The policy on the AMD website states that you need a proof of purchase. Is this proof of purchase limited to invoice (newegg), receipt (micro center)? It does not seem to mention the need to buy from an authorized retailer.

Have anyone gone through the process of replacing their chip on warranty with amd?

Last edited:
You would need the original purchaser to send you the invoice or the receipt. You might be able to deal with AMD on this basis.

Typically, from my experience, the 3-year warranty goes from production date or sales date. If you don't have proof of the purchase date then it will default to the production date which is found on the CPU.

Back