• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990fx BD BIOS flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1. CPU support list does not mention BD cpu.

2. Overall View says BD supported.

3. They are behind the time and have not listed the BD cpus on the CPU supported page but the BD cpu is supported from the shipping bios onward.

EDIT: I flashed the BIOS using Asus easy flash 2. It went through and gave me a successful message. After boot I got a disk read error (black screen) so I went in and set my boot priority to SSD - HDD. Boot error, had to go back in and set the SATA ports they are in to IDE mode? AHCI gives me a disk read error, I am using a 120gb SSD and 1TB HDD that was ran in AHCI fine before the BIOS update.

But this is the strange part... I can still access both drives through the control panel, what gives? I thought I had to have them in AHCI mode to do this?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Generally 'beta' bioses are not ready for full time use. The bios is a 'step' in the direction that the bios producer intends to go. Since all is working now...I likely would not flash the bios until it is an 'official' one. Then the mobo maker supports the bios.

Generally 'beta' bioses are not ready for full time use. The bios is a 'step' in the direction that the bios producer intends to go. Since all is working now...I likely would not flash the bios until it is an 'official' one. Then the mobo maker supports the bios.

Thanks for the reply, I decided I was better off not doing Beta testing with a $200 motherboard. I also got ahold of the AMD Sata drivers and have AHCI mode re-enabled. Bios revision 0705 for me, if BD isn't happy with this too bad.

Thanks for following up,

Sammich

EDIT: I flashed the BIOS using Asus easy flash 2. It went through and gave me a successful message. After boot I got a disk read error (black screen) so I went in and set my boot priority to SSD - HDD. Boot error, had to go back in and set the SATA ports they are in to IDE mode? AHCI gives me a disk read error, I am using a 120gb SSD and 1TB HDD that was ran in AHCI fine before the BIOS update.

But this is the strange part... I can still access both drives through the control panel, what gives? I thought I had to have them in AHCI mode to do this?

Change your settings in bios to AHCI and use the windows recovery cd.
Should work...
EDIT: if you don't have one yet, boot in IDE mode, create one, reboot in AHCI and recover from CD.

Back