• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX Bios taking half my RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dihartnell

Registered
I changed my mobo to the sabertooth 990FX and now more than half my RAM is reserved in bios. When using my ASUS m4A89TD Pro/USB 3 all of it was available.

In the Northbridge settings it shows both sticks. On the main page it show 2Gb Available. In Windows it shows 2087Mb is Hardware reserved. I have remapping turned on and have the lastest Bios.

How do I get this mobo to release this memory.

Give a try to the MemOK! button just for the sake of it.

Also make sure your memory is installed correctly and that stuff, maybe give the CMOS a reset.

Sounds wierd, but is common at Google, giving them a lightning-fast read as we speak.

I imagine he answered your question.

It took reading your other posts in other forums to actually get an idea of what seemed the problem.

I have seen similar before with a bad stick and once with a bad IMC (intergrated memory controller). CPUz sees the ram but the ram is not really working.

Make sure your ram is on the Asus QVL list. Make sure the default settings have the ram running at memory maker's suggested volts and timings. Then take one stick at a time and try it in the memory slot designated at primary in your mobo manual. If both sticks work in that primary memory slot then it would seem ram is okay and board or cpu has a problem.

Back