• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX VCore-1 Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cameron_s92

Hi All,

Looking for some help with Vcore cooling.

When playing games on my PC the Asus software gives me a warning after about an hour of game play telling me the VCore-1 is at 80.0 Celsius.

Is this normal?

I am running the sabertooth 990FX with AMD 9590 octacore and it's clocked at 4.72 GHz

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Cam

What cooling?
And no, it's too high. FX 8 cores all run hot, but not that hot.

What cooling?
And no, it's too high. FX 8 cores all run hot, but not that hot.

Actually Scotty, my friend, any 8 core FX running above 65 for a prolonged period of time, is about ready to leave this world for a junk bin :)

So, you agree with scotty. Gotcha. :)

I'd wonder what vcore-1 actually is. Perhaps a vrm? What does hwmonitor say temps are?

So, you agree with scotty. Gotcha. :)

I'd wonder what vcore-1 actually is. Perhaps a vrm? What does hwmonitor say temps are?

My FX 9590 running on the rather average Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 Rev5, on a triple radiator with a D5 pump, never exceeds 38c, even at Prime 95, 1344 small FFT's looping.
At 5200, running with 1.6V Wprime 1024, CBR15, Asus Real Bench, it stays below 50c.
On Dice, even at 1.85Vcore and 1.2750V Northbridge, with LLC extreme, it does not break above zero under Prime or OCCT even at almost 6.00ghz.

So, if Vcore-1 is actually Vcore, 80c is DEATH. FX processors are notorious for not handling thermals well above 60-65, not 80 :)

Hi All,

Looking for some help with Vcore cooling.

When playing games on my PC the Asus software gives me a warning after about an hour of game play telling me the VCore-1 is at 80.0 Celsius.

Is this normal?

I am running the sabertooth 990FX with AMD 9590 octacore and it's clocked at 4.72 GHz

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Cam

Get some MONSTER cooling for that CPU and I do mean MONSTER cooling. :comp:

Back