• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX Voltage Readpoints

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Hey guys here is a little gift for those that want to get more accurate read points. I am currently working on a review for this board, and it has been very slow due to school.

I am not responsible for any damage you do to the board because you can't figure out how to solder on points.

I figured I could at least give you guys this as you wait for the review:

zomhY.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I have this board but have not had time to even unbox it yet.
I am looking forward to your insights.

Yeah I'm getting ready to do the LLC testing right now. Already have max runs done, just need to type up the article.

Does this board have the same problems with bulldozer performance that I have seen hinted about on the c5f?

I do not know, I do not have BD :/

Does this board have the same problems with bulldozer performance that I have seen hinted about on the c5f?

Rumor, speculation and more rumor. Why are people buying this and why is it propagating so widely?

EDIT - To prove it I'm running benches on a UD7 right now. The results will appear in the UD7 review when it finally publishes (Giga has to address a BIOS problem...or not), but I can tell you that so far SuperPi 1M, WPrime 32M, PoV Ray, Cinebench 10 and 11.5 & 7zip are all within spitting distance of each other, with the CVF on top in some and the UD7 in others - standard motherboard variation. That 'theory' (I cringe to even call it that) is absolute bunk.

Last edited:
Do you think i will be satisfied with this board for benching? It seems to be a more gamer / casual overclocker board. Should I get a crosshair and sell this? I picked it up on impulse and I am 2nd guessing myself.

No this board is the CHV in hiding. I'm having a blast with this board and can't wait to go cold with it in the future.

I'm hoping things will settle down and I can get back into benching soon. I have tons of hardware needing attention.

Yeah same here. Maybe we will see something in December.

Back