• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth fan response/header Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DNRDustin

Is there a way to lower the response time? If my fans are tied to socket temps, but it takes 3 seconds(idk that's how long it feels like) for them to respond, my core temp shoots up and quickly passes socket temps. Also regarding the fan headers. Only two of the six are pwm, the rest are voltage regulated? Is it bad to have pwm fans plugged into them? What about my pwm water pump? Would using a DC header for it's own fan curve have negative consequences for the pump?

There is no harm connecting PWM fan to a voltage regulated output but I would recommend against connecting PWM pump on voltage requlated output. The way PWM works is very different and the pump might lose too much torque when voltage is too low.
As for the 3 second delay and core temp jumping past socket temp, this is quite normal for overclocked systems. Socket temp is an actual thermocouple and reacts with varying delay depending where it is located. Core temp on FX processors is more of an calculated estimate than actual temperature.
Fan headers of the motherboard adjust by the socket temp and I haven't really noticed any delay on them. You can create custom straight fan curve in the bios and I recommend setting the max temp somewhere around 55-60c mark for high overclocks.

Back