• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth X79 or P9X79LE ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Motherboard Choices

I usually keep a system for 10+ years to get the maximum lifecycle for dollar spent. I like being an enthusiast, but its not a hobby for me, its rather out of necessity on a need basis, so why not go with the latest and greatest within a budget with potential upgrades along the way.

It looks like you are getting near the conclusion that you have what you need at the moment until CPU and RAM prices drop drastically for your system specifications. :clap:

It looks like you are getting near the conclusion that you have what you need at the moment until CPU and RAM prices drop drastically for your system specifications. :clap:

With 32GBs, I don't think I'll be needing more RAM anytime soon, maybe in a couple of years. Now I won't hesitate to get a faster CPU with perhaps Ivy bridge or even Haswell once the price drops below $300 and depending on the reviews to see if the upgrade is worthwhile.

Talk about price drops, its those Nividia VGA cards that are insanely high and need to see a price drop, especially the PCIE 3.0 ones. I see some people spend more on a VGA card than a motherboard, CPU, RAM, HSF, and Drives combined.

yea the gtx 690/680/670 are a bit expensive but damn there fast use less power and run cooler.
best damn video card ive seen in years,in my book mine was well worth the $560 price tag=)

Back