• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

safe temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steveokinevo

pretty simple question. is it safe to run your fan speeds at 100%? ive searched around and found yes and no. will it take the life expectancy down? whats a safe temp?

Running anything at 100% all the time will shorten its life. On the plus side, GPU fans are replaceable, and heat is the No.#1 killer of electronics. What are your temps normally? Needing to run your fans at 100% all the time indicates a serious airflow problem.

im idling @ 40c. i do turn the fan up to 80% when in games only. just wanting to keep it cool as possible.

im idling @ 40c. i do turn the fan up to 80% when in games only. just wanting to keep it cool as possible.

New gen Gpus are designed to hold temps quite well. This is not to say to run it @ 80c because it will start to throttle back. If you can keep it at 65/70c and under, you're golden. Fans can always be replaced as Alaric mentioned. Just set a fan curve to correlate with temps and your gpu will be happy.

My 1070 clocked @ +75 on the core & +500 on the mem with power limit maxed (No core voltage), under heavy gaming and a fan curve set, my card will run 60c max on air all day/night long :D

Last edited:
Move the data points to set your curve. :)

Did you take a crack at it, or just ask the question?

Yeah, check it out... super simple. Just move the sliders to the temp amd fan percent you want. :)

Back