• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joni

Hi,

Long time since i've last been here :) I recently build a complete passive setup with no fans for macOS. Case is Streacom DB4 with Z270N-WiFi, i7-7700k, RX 560 ITX. CPU and GPU have heatpipes going into case, which is like a big heatsink. PSU is also passive.

I know i'm pushing it. i7-7700k and RX 560 is slightly more than what case manufacturer says it can handle, but I thought it would be fun to try.

I've been using this for about a year now without problems. To my knowledge temps seems to be acceptable for doing work or gaming. I haven't tried Prime as I think the CPU would hit it's cap easily with it.

I thought I check here if there is any problems with these temps? Also is undervolting something that would be worth it?

These temperatures are after two hours of gaming.

temps.png

Last edited:
Looks acceptable, CPU is fine, GPU is a tad warm but still tolerable. Have you seen any throttling from it?

No I haven't noticed, but GPU clock is somethng I've just occasionally checked. I wonder what is the temperature limit in Polaris 11 or 21 cards where it should start to throttling?

No I haven't noticed, but GPU clock is somethng I've just occasionally checked. I wonder what is the temperature limit in Polaris 11 or 21 cards where it should start to throttling?

You've got to be pretty close to throttling temp. Would be easy enough to test that I should think.

Last edited:
Thanks. It seems that AMD Wattman and MSI afterburner shows default max temperature limit 90 C for RX 560, but i'll try furmark to see when it starts to throttle.

Back