• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safest, Strongest external storage needed, help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clockit

Hello, Overclockers forum thanks for the add it's great to be here.

I started trading cryptocurrencies about 15 months ago and so far it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made but recently we have been coming across a lot of issues with people getting hacked and losing all their crypto several different ways, due to it being online and pretty new the system is still vulnerable. This is Why I am looking for the safest and strongest external storage device I can find to keep all of my information as safe as possible. I will need the device for storing Passcodes, Keys, and private data. I don't have a budget when it comes to this so please let me know what my best options are. If there is anything else you need please let me know and I will get back to you all.

Thanks
xbigstock-external-hard-drive-for-backup-478-2171656270622.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4GbpbY0Mvr.jpg

Just get a few USB drives with hardware encryption and some safe places to store them.

If you are worried about passcodes, etc. Why not go old school and keep them in written form. No possibility of getting hacked that way.

^I am with those 2 guys!

Multiple USB storage keys (duplicated and encrypted), and pen and paper!

I never even thought of USB and I've never had one break on me either, brilliant!! I think copying the information onto multiple USB's is the way to go. How do you encrypt a USB so you need passwords etc to get into it?

This is nice! I've never bothered with BitLocker, assuming M$ has a back door, because they have a back door to everything. I would pay particular attention to the following paragraph from the linked article, though. If your system has a failure you may need access to your coin$ on another rig to fix it!

New Encryption Mode

BitLocker in Windows 10 version 1511 (November Update) now includes the 256-bit XTS-AES encryption mode that provides additional integrity support with the improved algorithm. However, it’s not available on older versions of Windows.

You’ll need to choose which method to use. So, if you only plan on using this drive on the PC you’re encrypting it on; you’ll probably want to use the new encryption mode.

But if you need to use the drive on other PCs that have older versions of Windows (which is probably the case with a flash drive or SD card), select Compatible Mode, which uses the previous 128-bit AES.

Sorry it's been a while I just got back from an awesome Vacation in Singapore. Thanks for the replies I will check out the links above then get back to you al-l with some question.

Back