• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung g15 motherboard keyboard connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pettepaou

Hello Peeps, My Motherboard has a problem, the connector for the keyboard came away from the board, there seems no way of reconnecting it as the 24 sodered pins are only a mm or less apart is there any fixes available? I was wondering whether fitting a new motherboard would do, but I cannot find one. The other possibility would be fitting the hard drive (a seagate barracuda 7200.10 320Gb) into another pc just to retrieve the files I need (college work mostly) has anyone any suggestions what pc the hard drive would fit?
Many thanks for any help:thup:

You should be able to connect the hard drive to literally any desktop computer (made in the last 5+ years) to back up your files. Just plug in the sata and power cables.

Regarding fixing the old laptop, have you tried a TV repair shop ? they might be able to do that kind of skillful soldering.

Thank you \dev\goat
I have just ordered a docking thing and cables to connect to my dell, should come in handy for a couple of other Hdrives that I have forgotten what was on them!.
Hope the weather in South Carolina is good. I went to NC many years ago, before computers ruled the world, good days.

Back