• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire 7850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tungureanu

(Russian) Member
Hello good folks of the AMD Gpu thread. I whould like some help with my 7850.
I whould like to install the bios for a 7850 OC edition, or a 7870 GHZ edition/boost if posible. Can it be done?If so, how can i do it?

My exact card is this

Hello good folks of the AMD Gpu thread. I whould like some help with my 7850.
I whould like to install the bios for a 7850 OC edition, or a 7870 GHZ edition/boost if posible. Can it be done?If so, how can i do it?

My exact card is this

no. don't bother. you can Overclock your gpu with the auto-overclocking utility that comes with the catalyst control center driver suite that comes with your GPU.

generally flashing a new bios into a GPU is a good way to brick it. why bother when those are just factory overclocked versions of your card, overclocks your card can achieve naturally without any trouble.

Main reason is , that i whould like to unlock those 256 extra stream procesors. From what i know the 7850 and 7870 share the same core and mem modules... so thats an incentive.Plus if it goes south i still have a bios switch. But i ask , because i dont want to bork it if it has no chance of working

Main reason is , that i whould like to unlock those 256 extra stream procesors. From what i know the 7850 and 7870 share the same core and mem modules... so thats an incentive.Plus if it goes south i still have a bios switch. But i ask , because i dont want to bork it if it has no chance of working

it might work... who knows. i do know generally what you're asking has a good chance of bricking the card... so it seems sorta a waste of time.

Back