• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Reference vs Non-Reference.. Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shorinman

Registered
Hi guys,

My computer is currently in the shop getting built for me, ready to be delivered to me tomorrow.

Now - I face a huge dilemma. Currently I have purchased the stock, fully reference-edition Sapphire 7970, and am getting concerned about having 10-15% higher load temperatures than say, the DC2T or Gigabyte Windforce 7970's would have.

I am deciding whether to call the shop and get them to pop in a Gigabyte instead or something... what are everyone's thoughts on specifically the difference between temperatures seen, during load, on reference vs. non-reference 7970s?

Any input would be amazing because I'm kinda regretting ordering the Sapphire reference!!

Thank you so much guys.
Cheers.

**Edited Once

I think there's an Accelero for the 7970.

Linky, but it's not cheap. http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail/index/sArticle/502/sCategory/2182

Yeah, I thought there was one of those. Problem is, I already forked out $575 CAD for the 7970... maybe once I get the build and I'm not satisfied with the temps I will pop on the artic accelero.

I also plan to throw this machine on a custom loop, possibly a swiftech one within 3-4 months... :D

Thanks Knufire

**Edited once

Back