• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire RX 470 display adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont think you need an active adapater... a passive should be fine.. im assuming 1080p 60hz, yes?

Yes that's the resolution I want so would the HP Adapter suffice for the sapphire rx 470 ?

It might or might not it depends on how AMD has their HDCP configured. It is possible that even with the correct adapter no video will display because of that

So I should think about getting an hdmi monitor I just need to game at 1080p 60Hz

That's going to be the easiest solution to be honest. Monitors at that resolution are cheap enough now that by the time you purchase adapters to keep the monitor afloat you'll have spent almost as much as to replace it.

Thanks guys my problem solved use my backup
nVidia gt240 lol until I buy a monitor then its hammer time

Adapters are like $10 ($30 if active)... Monitors are like $75-100 new.

Can you explain or link the HDCP and why that matters in this case? :)

the rx 470 uses hdmi 2.0b right so over here there's no DL DVI-D adapters or monitors for sale there's only really highly priced hdmi monitors like a 19.5" (very low res 1366x768) vga sells for around r1200

Back