• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sipherblade

hi i have a quick question i just bought a 36.7 gig raptor drive and installed it and my programs are reading it as a ide and im not seeing the speed i should.
any suggestions would help.

i dont think HD's need drivers installed right? anyway i have seen this problem before in another thread...donno if it was the same HD though...u might wanna use a search about ur problem...cause i know i saw a thread on it a few weeks ago but i only scanned through the original poster's post....thingy...lol ne way sry i cant help too much

Well I think SATA is still considered as IDE isnt it... I don't see that as a problem. As far as performance wise, did you bench it with sandra or something?

You might want to check around your bios a bit for some other settings you missed?.
I had a setting in mine that was disabled by default and when i turned it on the speed improved some.

havent benched it as of yet i think my last install of widows went screwy so im gonna reload and see what happens

well reinstalled widows and updated my drivers and all seems well give you a full update after i beanch it

Back