• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata raid driver - help this complete noob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nnnrrggghh

hi, i am completely new to setting up computers on my own, and right now this whole configuring my HD thing looks to be the hardest part so far. I have a 250 GIG SATA Hard drive but I think I have to install the driver first to be able to partition it and stuff so I need detailed help, please.

I realize that i am supposed to reinstall windows by booting from cd. I figured that part out. and i'm supposed to push f6 during that. I know that too. but, I just tried it, with these two floppies the HD installation cd made for me... (it had this little feature that made 2 floppies) and when i pushed f6 during the reinstallation of windows, I got a message like - "put in floppy, press enter" then after i complied - "not reading txt.oem " or something along those lines. I tried both floppies but was unsuccessful with both.

I'm not sure, but i read around on the forums am i supposed to "configure the raid settings" or something before i reinstall windows and all? and why didn't my floppies work? could i please get some detailed help please?

Check on the floppy disks. If all the files are in one folder, move them out of the folder and to the main A:\ root. I had this problem too.

Back