• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

School Website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using SSH Secure Shell avaialible from SSH Runs Very nice. and is a small prog..........allows you to do drap and drop and regular console stuff too. nice and fast.........

The only issue I will way in on is the tables. Go with the tables. They make it much more organized than frames. Almost all websites use tables. They make it more organized and professional.

What if you use table within frames...........oh nelly............this is how new web pages get started...........If your creative and you just sit down and do it you will your style. every web developer/desinger had their own style just like every programmer does.........you will most likely start over several of time and eventualy you find your niche........try them all frames, tables, heck why not try a pure flash page.........how about DHTML..........shoot what do you got to loose except some hair....(running a little short myself)

While you're at it why not some random images of students at your school. Our page has that and they are kind of funny.

matti2 said:
While you're at it why not some random images of students at your school. Our page has that and they are kind of funny.

We are going to have a 'hall of fame' - ie mugshots of geeks :D

Guid0 said:
What if you use table within frames...........oh nelly............this is how new web pages get started...........If your creative and you just sit down and do it you will your style. every web developer/desinger had their own style just like every programmer does.........you will most likely start over several of time and eventualy you find your niche........try them all frames, tables, heck why not try a pure flash page.........how about DHTML..........shoot what do you got to loose except some hair....(running a little short myself)

I'm not the only web designer. I am responsible for the first page, and also for overseeing the whole thing, but my style will HAVE to suit everyone. It isn't just me working on it.

PF

PS thanks for the SSH recomendations, I'll see if I can use one of them :D

Oh no!

Looks like the IT dept are going to get annoyed - they probably wont let us have a routable IP address to allow access from outwith the firewall :eek:

Looks, like I'll have to do something....

Back