• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screen flips while playing games.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoshOohAh

I've been having this problem occasionally and it didn't bother me too much but now that it's beginning to happen more often, I'm getting a little aggravated.

I included a picture of what is happening but for the life of me, I can't understand why it happens.

I notice it after a few games of Starcraft 2 and after recently buying Dirt 2, I notice it during 1 or 2 races.

I'm certain that my drivers are up to date so I can eliminate that possibility.

I'm running Crossfire 6870s if that's of any relevance.

My screens will remain the same even after the game is closed. The only way I can get them back to normal is by rebooting my computer.

2012-07-27100936.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, I doubt its hardware related, but you could swap the placement on the monitors to check. I know your drivers are up to date, but you could try a different driver, beta or or last rev..

Hmm, I doubt its hardware related, but you could swap the placement on the monitors to check. I know your drivers are up to date, but you could try a different driver, beta or or last rev..

I agree with you on it being a software problem.

When the problem occurs it either takes over all my monitors, or just one or just two. It has a mind of it's own.

I'm going to look into getting a different driver, but like I've said, I have been having this problem for a fairly long time. I should have done something the first time it occurred. Either I'm starting to notice it more, or the problem has gotten worse, but I know sometimes I can't even finish a single game without it messing everything up.

I guess beta drivers it is...

Okay, so I ran the Heaven Benchmark and after about 15 minutes, there was no screen flip, my whole computer just froze and needed to be restarted. The screen however stayed in tack...

Any suggestion on where to go from here?

Back