• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screw the amd vs nvidia: The best overclocked model for the price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As i said it really comes down to how much you want to spend? All the cards you have said are good cards in there own right. unless you set a budget we could go around here all night. Saying this one then the next and so on, we are all only to happy to help you but as i said before! Its you to decide your the OP here my good friend from Denmark? AJ.

P.S. Just tell me in your own money how much?

As i said it really comes down to how much you want to spend? All the cards you have said are good cards in there own right. unless you set a budget we could go around here all night. Saying this one then the next and so on, we are all only to happy to help you but as i said before! Its you to decide your the OP here my good friend from Denmark? AJ.

P.S. Just tell me in your own money how much?

My own money: 2600 DKK

Hey, Duuster!

It seems that price checker listed Pixmania as the first choice for two cards. AVOID. I repeat. AVOID that store. They totally suck as far as for RMA goes, and they usually have ridiculous shipping prices (they asked for 50 EUR, and I was going to pick it up from one of their stores... are you serious?).

Hey, Duuster!

It seems that price checker listed Pixmania as the first choice for two cards. AVOID. I repeat. AVOID that store. They totally suck as far as for RMA goes, and they usually have ridiculous shipping prices (they asked for 50 EUR, and I was going to pick it up from one of their stores... are you serious?).

What price checker did you use ? And yes i will never use pixmania. I tried it once, for a christmas present for my brother, it took 3 weeks to deliver, and they said it would come in 2 days, and definitely before christmas. And when i asked for the money since we bought another before christmas because that one didn't arrive it took 1 month extra and it costed 5 EUR. I recommend you use edbpriser.dk or pricerunner.dk (for denmark). But below the pixmania there's usually another one for like 10 DKK extra.

Would you kindly say whats wrong here as i am confused altogether!! AJ.

1, http://www.edbpriser.dk/grafikkort/gigabyte-gvr787oc-2gd-2-gb-id-6718878.aspx

Nothing is wrong at all, I'm just guessing the 7870 is an older product than the 7970.. The thing was that the 3gb version of the 7970 said on edbpriser.dk that it was 2500 which was awesome, but when i went to the website it linked to it was 2800. Oh and another thing is that i would like to use my budget completely if it would mean better performance and more futureproof. And i just realised that it's the 7870 you're all talking about and not the 7970. I know it's just a brand number but wouldn't the higher number imply that it's better?

AMD cards rank like this 7850 > 7870 > 7950 > 7970. The 78XX cards have 2GB ram, the 79XX cards have 3GB. The price difference between the 7950 and 7970 doesn't quite equal out to the performance difference so we generally suggest the 7950 for anyone who has budget constraints. Basically just find the best nonreference card you can afford. 7870 as your minimum target, or 660Ti on nVidia side. I know you wanted links to specific cards but since your shopping from a different market than us its hard to say. Regardless any card from the current generation on either side of the board at this price point is going to treat your 1080P monitor to all the eye candy your games can dish out.

AMD cards rank like this 7850 > 7870 > 7950 > 7970. The 78XX cards have 2GB ram, the 79XX cards have 3GB. The price difference between the 7950 and 7970 doesn't quite equal out to the performance difference so we generally suggest the 7950 for anyone who has budget constraints. Basically just find the best nonreference card you can afford. 7870 as your minimum target, or 660Ti on nVidia side. I know you wanted links to specific cards but since your shopping from a different market than us its hard to say. Regardless any card from the current generation on either side of the board at this price point is going to treat your 1080P monitor to all the eye candy your games can dish out.

Thanks this really helped.
I'm going to pick a graphics card myself. Gigabyte GVR795WF3-3GD. a 7950 with what i would now call standard gigabyte 3 fan cooling, 3gb vram, and 900 mhz core clock. If any of the suggested video cards on this thread beats it, please comment, this should be a very reasonable pick judging by the feedback i've been getting.

You're nitpicking at very small details...most of the cards you're looking at are the exact same card with a different heatsink and different name on it.

You're nitpicking at very small details...most of the cards you're looking at are the exact same card with a different heatsink and different name on it.

Yea i know.. I guess I'm just not good at just buying something, I have to investigate it over and over again. I used to be able to do that, but after several problems I just can't help it. I'm going with the last card i just posted, and thanks for merging btw. Unless someone believes i would get so much better results getting another card.

Conclusion: gigabyte 7950.
Thanks for all the help
Duuster

Yea i know.. I guess I'm just not good at just buying something, I have to investigate it over and over again. I used to be able to do that, but after several problems I just can't help it. I'm going with the last card i just posted, and thanks for merging btw. Unless someone believes i would get so much better results getting another card.

Conclusion: gigabyte 7950.
Thanks for all the help
Duuster

Just get the cheapest one with a non-reference cooler from a reputable manufacturer. That's my rule of thumb for GPUs. It gives some sort of peace of mind. No longer having buyer's remorse: "Ughh... I should've bought the EVGA 470... not this Gigabyte... it was a better manufacturer... uggh...". No, now you just enjoy your card and say: "Heh! I saved EUR 20!"

You will be very happy with the 7950 windforce 3 gigabyte. My old hd6950 gigabyte worked great, and yea only horror storiea with pixmania, im sure they have been in "kontant"?
My favorit shopping places are computersalg.dk and cinemagic.dk.

Back