• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe 1850rpm or 3000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

Just a quick question. For instance, Running a Scythe gentle typhonn 1850 rpm to its max pushes 58cfm. And a 3000rpm pushes 83cfm...

Now im not too familiar with how it all works. But as far as static pressure goes. How would the 3000rpm compare at say 2000rpm?

Would it still net more static pressure than the 1850?

The way I look at it is: The more static pressure, the better. The more CFM, the better.

So yes, go with the 3000RPM fans. Scythe makes awesome fans. :)

The way I look at it is: The more static pressure, the better. The more CFM, the better.

So yes, go with the 3000RPM fans. Scythe Nidec Servo makes awesome fans. :)

There, I corrected that statement for you. ;) Scythe doesn't manufacture any fans. They source from various OEM's and relabel them, at least most of the time. They don't bother with the GT fans though.

If you want to buy around 700 or so of them, yes. They did this over at OCN for a model of the Gentle Typhoon that Scythe doesn't carry. It's the model above the AP-15 (1850 rpm) and below the AP-29 (3000 rpm). With rpm monitoring they were $13 heach and without rpm monitoring they were less than $10 each. I have 4 of the rpm versions coming to me when they get shipped to the US, hopefully in another month or so.

holy **** that is a nice deal. Ok so i have a question. Is there any difference between the ap-15s running at ~1800 and the ap-29 at ~1800. In other words does the high rpm fan only perform at peak when operating at its native max rpm? I may just get the ap-29 and grab a fan controller.

To tell the truth I don't know and it's something I've been wanting to try out too. I'll have to get off my butt and give a whirl one day.

Back