• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Scythe Katana 4 CPU Cooler Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tt is known for nice looking and dubiously performing CPU coolers these days :p
The Frio line is their first that works for beans since the BigTyphoon.

The Frios (other than the Extreme) have a mounting system that will kill capacitors on certain motherboards, too. Been there, crushed that. It's an issue!
Also the Scythe piece does not at all resemble anything in the Frio series, other than the fact that it's a tower cooler. Something The Frio series very much did not invent.

Personally I prefer more cooling power to looks or brand name. This scythe piece looks quite attractive, especially in that it can be used in much smaller spaces.

Lastly, an excellent review as always!

Brother if you dont have space and the money is the problem ok.. My personally opinion I just buy the most known brands..

The whole point of what I was saying this whole time, is that the heatsink in the review is targeted toward people without space or much extra cash.

The product does exactly what it is supposed to, for who it is supposed to. That is all.

Scythe, Cooler Master, and Xigmatek make good performance per dollar coolers. If you want to get the best cooling with a larger budget around $60-100, then I'd go with Thermalright, Noctua, and Prolimatech for air or Corsair and Antec for the self-contained liquid units. Thermaltake coolers usually don't stack up to the coolers from companies that specialize in cooling, but they do have a few decent units like the Frio. It seems Thermaltake has trouble balancing performance with MSRP with their coolers sometimes which makes people shy away from them.

Back