• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate ST310005N1A1AS-RK, keep or take back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok so i was at wally world and i noticed these 1tb seagate drive on clearence...probably because rednecks dont often stick new hard drives in their computers (red neck town here) it was $75, little less than new egg and here and now no shipping, Retail box so its 5 year limited instead of a 3 year limited warranty as with all the ones i have found online, i also scanned all the boxes and got the newsest (higher number S/N)

New egg specs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)

its not part of the 7200.xx drives its different....some how, only 18 reviews on new egg so has any one else herd any thing (good or bad) about these? i havent opened it yet and i have 15 or 45 days to take it back so i thought i would ask first. its probably not going to be a primary drive for a while but it might be, i currently have a 320Gig 7200.11 that i have had for a few years thats still working good

oh and yea it was a total impulse buy because my bank account for the first time in a long time said $3000+

Do you need it? If yes then keep it, if no, then take it back. Using logic of "I have lots of money in the bank" so therefore I need to spend is pretty poor. I don't want to turn this into a fiscal/life advice thread, but just because somethings a decent deal doesn't meen you should spend money on it.

Back