• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seasonic Connect Power supplies....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Has anyone ever heard of these? I saw it for the first time in a chat among some people here this morning. I guess it has been out a few years, judging from the review (last link). How did I miss these?!!

I feel like its niche is in chassis that don't have the PSU cover to hide the cables, primarily.

1715078354089.png

From the looks of it, it looks like it'll work in any mid/full tower case. The distributor block seems a bit large to fit in an mATX case.
I'd also worry about how thick it is. There isn't usually a lot of room behind the motherboard. I didn't look into that. It doesn't look THICC, but may have trouble fitting into things.
Just noticed in only comes in the 750 flavor.

Weak
While that's fine for an overwhelming majority of users, I get ya.

I don't get it. It still uses the same cables just shorter and adds another heat source to the case. Seems like a solution to a problem that didn't exist.
Yeah, at first glance, this was a need. After looking into it more, it just declutters the bottom portion of the chassis, which, if it's behind a cover, then it doesn't matter. I don't have a worry about heat production where it's at and don't see it producing much in the first place.

I saw these a couple of years ago, there was a reason for it.. it just escapes me atm.. Last I saw they went up to 1KW, I guess plans changed..

I think it's mostly intended to work with cases that have glass panel on both sides, otherwise it's not even visible. Anyway, I guess it doesn't support the new 12VHPWR, so... Obsolete? Unless you have an AMD GPU...

I think it's mostly intended to work with cases that have glass panel on both sides, otherwise it's not even visible. Anyway, I guess it doesn't support the new 12VHPWR, so... Obsolete? Unless you have an AMD GPU...
I dont think the point of that is to be visible... and I don't know of any chassis that has transparent glass on the backside either... lol.

Also, there are 12VHPWR adapters (that come with the cards) if someone was really interested. :)

NOt saying this is a great product ( although I did NEED it when I first heard about it, lol), just unique.

Last edited:
I dont think the point of that is to be visible... and I don't know of any chassis that has transparent glass on the backside either... lol.

Also, there are 12VHPWR adapters (that come with the cards) if someone was really interested. :)

NOt saying this is a great product ( although I did NEED it when I first heard about it, lol), just unique.
I know a few. For example, the Cooler Master H500M. Completely pointless and just another possible breaking point.

As for the adapter, I'm not a big fan... Needs to be well flushed, and overly bulky... Many cases, even successful ones like the O11 Dynamic, fail to close the side panel with the adapter.

Wow... there are builders putting glass on the backside to expose wires... LUL. That IS completely pointless and another possible breaking point!

Again, I don't think the point is to be visible in the first place... but it would look better in any of the few chassis that went with glass on the backside. :)

EDIT: I can't help your fear of connectors... it should go without saying to get good ones, however. ;)

Last edited:
Wow... there are builders putting glass on the backside to expose wires... LUL. That IS completely pointless and another possible breaking point!

Again, I don't think the point is to be visible in the first place... but it would look better in any of the few chassis that went with glass on the backside. :)

EDIT: I can't help your fear of connectors... it should go without saying to get good ones, however. ;)
Yeah I guess I got paranoid because of all the melted connectors with the 4090. On top of that, we have a lot more sensors nowadays...

As for the glass back panel. I guess there's such thing as "Too much master race". I get that people take pride in cable management, but... Isn't it easier to just HIDE the cables?

Back