• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second hand mobos to look out for my AMD x2 4200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glenmoray

Title says it all really!

I have an old case, an old AMD x2 4200, a 7900GTX, 500watt psu and 2gb of corsair ram (some old hdds too) just lying around.

I've been out of the AMD scene for a while, but what good second hand mobos should I be on the prowl for this wee cpu?

Or is there a good budget board for it?

Cheers folks!!

Glen

Hmmm, is it s939 or AM2? If I recall the 4200+ came in both flavors.

If it's an s939 I like the ASUS A8N32-SLI myself - I have four of them currently running, the oldest for almost four years now. :) DFI Ultra's are also excellent boards for s939.

If it's an AM2 CPU then current AM2 and AM2+ boards both support it ...

Last edited:
Good point there quietice :)

Its an AM2 chip. Any good cheap mobos I should be looking out for second hand?
Just really looking for price/performance.

Cheers,

Glen

Last edited:
I have the same cpu with a MSI k9n4 sli-f motherboard. Really nice. Only problem I had with it was the northbridge fan crapped out and made a loud noise when it spun. Switched it for a heatsink and it works like new again.

I'm looking to upgrade and will have this mobo sitting around. If you live in So Cal then I could sell it to you with a local meetup. Not trying to ship anything. I'll let it go for $40.

Haha Klass1k if only right. I'm actually in Holland, Europe :D. Any other good mobos to look out for?

If you're in Europe you'd be better off linking a few sites you might buy from and let us pick - also give a rough price range. The easy and cheaper choices over there are often different than the States ... :)

Back