• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Secure Boot Violation Red Box - Help Please!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

A few weeks ago I built a new machine to take with me on a very long term business trip. It uses W7 Pro. After getting settled in my extended stay hotel I started the new machine and it booted and ran without issue. Some Windows updates were indicated so I allowed the updates to update. Due to a slow hotel internet connection, I stepped away from the machine. When I came back to it a large red box was on the display titled "Secure Boot Violation" and the following text referred to "... unauthorized changes on the firmware.".

The red box and message appears after each reboot and trying to run the W7 Pro installation disk just gives an error message that states the disk does not match the installed system (wrong). Changing the bios to Legacy only avoids the red box but it then does not see an operating system.

Please help. I am 1,400 miles away from home and I do not have access here to all the serial/software id's although, with difficulty, I have access to all the software if a new install is required. I see many references to this issue via google but no solutions. Please help.

Also, what happened?

Back