• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeking advise, fast..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TooOneBee

Registered
Hi, currently got a locked 2600+ Barton running at 191 * 11.5 @ 1.875v (1.824v according to cpu-z). Can't get it to be stable at 196, even with 1.93v (Bios reading, minus .05v for cpu-z). My questions are, i got an opportunity to trade my barton with an unlocked 2500+ Barton, can i expect this chip to hit even higher FSB (The owner stated that it could do 200*11 @ 1.725v) And should I make the switch? (I got PC3200 ram so anything >200 FSB would fit nicely for me..)

i bought my cpu on 30/5/04, the guy i trading with 1 week later. However, mine is the boxed version, with 3 yrs warranty, while his is only 1 year. What should i do? :confused:

Well here's a thought...

If his computer can be put stable - faster then yours...

why would he want to trade?

When it comes to processors... warranty isn't a huge thing.

I think most of us replace our processors far before the warranty expires... and if your careful you probably wouldn't ever have to have it warranty replaced or RMA'd.

Docta_Z said:
Well here's a thought...

If his computer can be put stable - faster then yours...

why would he want to trade?

He's actually trying to sell off his setup, so i suggested that we trade and sell mine. (The locked 2600+ would be better if he sells it to a non-oc'er)

My mobo and ram is as per my sig. How will it do?

CandymanCan said:
Yes the unlocked 2500 will hit a higher FSB, but it all dependso n youre motherboard and memory.

TooOneBee said:
He's actually trying to sell off his setup, so i suggested that we trade and sell mine. (The locked 2600+ would be better if he sells it to a non-oc'er)

Well! In that case, yes go for it. You'll have faaaaaar more luck with an unlocked barton. With PC3200 or even a good set of 2700, you could hit 200 fsb easy if not higher.

Back