• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

seems to be running rather hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scenecore

Registered
even with no overclocking, my cpu is running extremly hot, but do you think there could be a problem with my temp monitor? i'm using "Hardware Sensors Monitor" because motherboard monitor doesn't work with my mobo. with little or no load, i am getting readings of 50 degsC. i have multiple fans running inside the comp. i am using a tyan trinity 510 (s2266) motherboard and an intel 1.7 cpu. any advice on why it is becoming so hot?

it drops maybe half to a degree a degree with the side off. also, (this may just be the program), it is showing that my core velocity is in the red at (between) 1.73-1.76 ... any tips for cooling this baby down so i can OC a bit? (also, i cleared all of the dust from the fans/HS today before doing a windows reinstall)

another option is to make sure the heat sink is on all the way and is sitting right. i know its sound kinda dumb but its easy to put it on wrong

Good luck with it sorry im not a whole lot of help

Possibly a new heatsink and fan combo with AS might be a solution to this problem. Also you could get another temp monitor other than the motherboards and check to see if it is actually running that hot. (li-lian temp monitors)

i guess that i may end up having to buy a new one, but i paid like 30$ for this one, so i don't see why this should be happening..

um, i'm not sure, i bought it well over a year ago when i really didn't take notice to the brand/type of heatsink because i didn't know much about them. i know it cost about 20$-30$ though, and the guy said that it should work just fine.

scenecore you said you have multiple case fans.i suggest you check their orientation to make sure your rear fans are exhausting
and front fans intaking.just a thought

I second that as well...........

Sounds like you need a new hsf. I bought a sp97 for my new rig. My older system was running about 50 degrees with a cheap hsf I put on there years ago. I used the stock unit that came with my new proc on it and my temps dropped 18 degrees.

Peace,

BalliN

Back