• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seen artifacts, don't know what to do!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxmrbarniexx

Registered
Hey guys, i recently overclocked my GPU way too much it is a gigabyte 7970 OC ( voltage locked)
1000/1375. I overclocked it to 1150/1600 and i seen artifacts. Then i reset it and seen artifacts as i was playing BF3 and Crysis 3 and even Counterstrike.

Now i restarted my computer and have not seen any artifacts, i overclocked it to my normal stable 1080/1485 100% fans and have not seen artifacts in games . I ran Furmark ( 8x anti allaising 1920 x 1080p) burn in for 1 hour and seen no artifacts. I dont know if my card is fine or something happened(long term maybe).

Please state your opinions on what happened, currently i am sleeping but as soon as i wake up, i will reply to everyone who comments, i also wont lpay games until i know for sure if my card is gonna die or something,

Thanks.

I think you're fine. Most likely it wasn't fully reset till it was restarted, or it just needed a break.

Back