• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sega Dreamcast Watercooling :O!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IrQ said:
Both tend to fry quickly if you remove either. I took the heat pads out of my dreamcast and forgot to put something else in lue of the heat pad. Forgot about it one day and turned on my dreamcast. I got to the starting screen of worms and then saw nothing else ever again.

Ouch. I feel you there.

Luckily you can find Dreamcasts in local shops for a rediculously low price for their value.

i wonder what kinda cooling the ps3 or xbox 2 gona use in a magizine i read xbox is going for dual IBM cpu's and ps3 is using some cell thing :drool:

I want to hear more about those heatpipes in the shuttles!!

you can use water as your phase change fluid just fine, you just need to evacuate the tube so the water is under a lot less pressure. This will make it boil at a lot lower temperature.

Did you make the heatpipe coolers yourself? How did you evacuate and fill them if you did? how well do they work?

Back