• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sending results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JetEngineMech

OK, because of the recent outage, I set up my prefs to get 5 days worth of work and just process through it. Today, it showed that I didn't upload anything. Is this because since I told it to collect 5 days worth of work that it will only connect every 5 days?

Try manually updating it. Go to the projects tab, right click SETI@home and select update, it should then contact the servers and upload the work.

I've been doing that anyway (just for instant gratification :clap: ) but I must've missed today's cutoff. Will I have to keep doing that or should I set my level lower, say 2 days instead of 5?

Try running boinc with the -return_results_immediately switch. I also have my contact interval @ 5 days but my results get sent asap.

Cúchulainn said:
Try running boinc with the -return_results_immediately switch. I also have my contact interval @ 5 days but my results get sent asap.

I had the same question as JetEngineMech, how do you set the -return_results_immediately switch?

In the properties of the shortcut you use to start boinc add it at the end of the command in the target field. On bsd/linux/solaris you just add it to the command line.

mine is set at 6 days. but if i never tell it to update within 48 hours, it will automaticly connect itself. and send in the results. not sure why, it shouldn't to it till the 6th day. but this way i don't have to send them in, or i can be away from my computer for a few days, and it will update for me.

but normally, i send them in myself, more fun that way. knowing i just dumped 20 WU's. i love doing that. i get a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside every time i do.

Back