• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's $260 PNY 6800U ocing thread (all others welcome)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
order a TI4200 for ~30 shipped (strange how they change my shipping price so quick), anyways, the bad thing is that it's 64MB, the good thing is it's a TI4200 and hopefully i can OC a bit, it should do ok in today's game, been looking for one in a while now, i wouldda like 128MB but 64 is ok too, especially at this price.

Slackfumasta said:
459/1269, 5933 3DMarks, and that's as far as I'm going tonight :)

I guess it could be considered a 'fair' OCer.
Gdamnit....why is it that i ALWAYS get the ****tiest clocking cards :temper: congrats...but rite now I could f-ing throw myself into traffic after seeing that.

Too bad I missed this deal, been eyeing the 6600GT's but for a small step up it would definitely have been worth it to buy this. Oh well, I will wait to catch a future sale while others profit now.

Gdamnit....why is it that i ALWAYS get the ****tiest clocking cards congrats...but rite now I could f-ing throw myself into traffic after seeing that.

Heh... compare your scores to other people with a $250 card, then decide who should be looking for traffic. I know what it's like though, cards that won't OC are no fun. This not that their performance is bad, it's that you can't stand to be running soo close to stock.

consumer9000 said:
LOL what's wrong? What are the max clocks/scores you've been able to hit?
Mine autodetects 438 / 1120.

His does much MUCH higher, not to mention that shafted's detects 460 / 1190 :cry:

my.php

Lookie what Ive gotten.

477MHz Clock, 1200MHz RAM 3DMark03 Stable.

My temps are sitting around 45C idle. :santa:

AND BTW: This is on the stock cooling, no AS5 or anything, stock everything.

ShaftedTwice said:
EDIT: VERIFYING STABILITY, WILL BE DONE SOON.

Heh.... I was going to recommend running 3dmark or similar to test for any artifacting and such. I didn't write anything as I didn't want to aggravate Sentential congratulating you ;)

why do you need to overclock a 6800u? there is no game currently that can max it out, so what is the point?

The highest I can get my 6800GTO on stock cooling without artifacts appears to be 425/1225. Not bad considering using 256MB of 2.0ns GDDR3.
My 6600GT ramps up to 630/1238 with the STASIS IceStorm, and is an XFX board with 2.0ns GDDR3 as well. Thank you Samsung! :p

I'm hoping to have the chance to begin qualification testing on the latest 6800 series IceStorm as early as this weekend, and will be sure to post some results and pics if possible.

jchsatx09 said:
why do you need to overclock a 6800u? there is no game currently that can max it out, so what is the point?

I think the reason is simple, as Neo said in the Matrix: Because I choose to :)

My 6800u is at stock at the moment, I tested it when I got it, ran 3dmark then put it back to stock. When a faster video card comes out, I'll overclock it to that speed :cool:

ShaftedTwice said:
my.php

Lookie what Ive gotten.

477MHz Clock, 1200MHz RAM 3DMark03 Stable.

My temps are sitting around 45C idle. :santa:

AND BTW: This is on the stock cooling, no AS5 or anything, stock everything.

DAMN! thats amazing
i wonder how my card will do when i get it @ the beginning of next week...

LOL - I'll trade you my golden goose for your platinum hen!

One thing I find odd, these higher clock Ultras are getting beat in 3DMark05 by by lower clocked, unlocked GTO (Ultra).
I score between 6000 to 6100 in 3DMark05, what gives with the rest of these setups? :shrug:

nvm. #1 in orb:
3DMark03 Score: 24542 **XtremeResources.com 3D Team**\2fast4u

User: 1856575
Date: 2005-3-7

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 2839 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra, 496 MHz / 1228 MHz
Display Driver: 6.6.9.3
Driver Status: WHQL - FM Approved
Resolution: 1024x768 32 bit
System Memory: 512 MB
Video Memory: 256 MB

Back