• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serious DFI LanParty NF2 Ultra B problem, please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow it's been a minuted since I said that I would answer this thread. Anyhow, here we go:

1. First of all, always know that you will find most pertinent information over at www.dfi-street.com/forum. They have a plethora of stickies that should help you with the initial setup.

2. Secondly, it is always recommended to install IDE drives in the IDE-S (secondary) port versus the primary. This is especially pertinent when dealing with IDE hard drives such as Western Digitals.

3. Know that there have been some incompatibility issues with Geil ram on these boards, particularly the PC 3200. In my experience with DFI, I have learned that an overwhelming majority of stability-related issues are often tied to the memory and it's settings. I'd suggest trying another set of memory to see if it helps matters at all.

4. Seeing as you have yet to reach the bios, don't rule out the fact that the motherboard could be DOA. Typically, this does not occur as much since newer boards ship with the 6/19 bios, but it could happen.

Please post back with any results, or pm me for the quickest reply.

deception``

I really like the dfi lp nf2 b but i couldn't stand the fickle bios, so i switched back to my abit nf7-s. give tmod a pm if you need a new bios he does a great job. we all make stupid mistakes like switching the fsb w/o switching the multi or whatever. dfi hates it when you do this and will crap its pants (bios gets corrupted). i most def. recommend an extra bios for this board. One night i killed both my back up and my origin. bios, and had to hot flash 4 bioses with my nf7-s (2 dfi, 2abit bioses) grr.
make sure that the cmos jumper is on the right side (two right pins), or you will get the two leds (1,2).
good luck!!

I Also Have NF2 Ultrab Post Problems

Was given the board set it up worked fine for about 20 mins then died led's 1 and 3 flash alternately cant find any info on this, can anyone help please

Was given the board set it up worked fine for about 20 mins then died led's 1 and 3 flash alternately cant find any info on this, can anyone help please

Hmm,

Well I would try to get the owner manual from the DFI to try to find out the beep or light code... What I can remember was a cold boot issue's with this.

I would simply reset and boot over and over and over>>>> ok then you can remover one memory module and try different combinations on the modules installed...
Good luck! and welcome to the Forum :beer:

Does anyone have or know where to find the DFI LANPARTY NF2 ULTRA B manual? I recently tried switching to a bigger case thinking I had the manual on how to hook it up but now I don't know what goes where and don't have a gaming computer atm. PLEASE HELP!

Back