• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seriously considering stepping up for a 7600 GT SC, Need advice...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hey,

I bought my 6800GS under a month ago and I am seriously considering using the evga step up program to get a 7600 GT superclocked 580/1500 for like 50 bucks more...

This one: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17949&vpn=256-P2-N555&manufacture=eVGA

I want to see some reviews but I think it will destroy the 6800GS performance wise, even the 7800 maybe, I want a review. IF anyone has seen one or knows how this card performs please tell me.

How does it do versus the 7800GT/GTX and also how does it do compared to the 7900 GT/GTX?

Will it outclass my 6800GS completely? Is it worth it?

Thanks

No i don't think you will see much of a diffrence at all.

Link (Please dont' beat me for the link MODS) good info.

Will show you that it performs on par as to what you already have.
5 vertex shader
12 Pixel clock
8 rasters
etc. etc.

Jump on the 7600 if you are about to lose out on the 3 mos window with EVGA.

Then up it again to a 7800 in three more months after that.

Just a suggestion.

MassRaptor

I would stick with the 6800GS. The 7600GT is still using a 128-bit memory interface, but your 6800GS uses a 256-bit one. It honestly would make a very little performance increase. The only things it would do is consume less power and possibly run a little cooler. Not really worth it, a 7900GT on the other hand...

Well thank you for telling me that, humm the 7900 GT is tempting but I would have to fork out another like 200 bucks...

Hard decision...

Back