• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server case water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfke

Hi everyone, I’ve decided that my next build should be as silent as possible and as invisible as possible (yes, because of the wife ;)). So I thought a 4U 19” rack case would be the way to go because I can slide it in my desk, together with an amplifier and some other electrical stuff. Then I shut the door and voila, everything is invisible!

Hardware:
  • Motherboard Asus Prime Z370-A
  • CPU Intel i7 8700K
  • Memory 16 GB DDR4-4000
  • Graphics Asus GTX 1060 Dual 6GB
  • PSU Corsair HX750i
  • SSD Corsair Force 480 GB
  • Case: Rosewill RSV L4500

Cooling:
  • Radiator: EK-CoolStream SE 360 (Slim Triple)
  • Because a thin radiator performs better at slow RPM than a thick radiator.
  • Res & pump: EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)
  • Because it can stand up in the case (height: 150 mm) so it’s easy to fill and the D5 pump should be silent.
  • CPU Block: EKWB EK-Supremacy-EVO
  • GPU Block: EKWB EK-VGA-Supremacy
  • 3x 12cm fans (intake): Cooltek Silent Fan 120 PWM low (6,1 – 16,2 dB and 35 – 105,9 m³/h)
  • Because they seem to be the most silent ones and still have some decent airflow.
  • 2x 8cm fans (out): Noctua NF-R8 redux 1800 (7 – 17 dB and 26 – 53 m³/h)
  • Because they seem to be the most silent ones and still have some decent airflow
  • PSU fan will also be used for outgoing airflow.
  • Tubing: PETG

I was hoping you guys could help me with some questions I have:
  1. Cooling graphics card: since I’m replacing the big cooling block with a smaller block, will I have cooling issues on the graphics card? As you can see there is no airflow in the case below the graphics card and only the GPU will be cooled by the small water block. Or should I upgrade the graphics card to a version which can have water block on the full length of the card?
  2. Fans: what do you think about the 12cm & 8cm fans? Good choice for a silence system?
  3. SSD: there seems to be a lot of space to put the SSD. Where do you think it should be put and how would you mount it? Flat on the bottom or stuck to the side?

Thanks for your advice! :D

Rosewill.jpg

Back