• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

set power limit stuck on auto

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A320

I have just built my new rig with Asrock Z77 Extreme4 mobo and Intel i5-2500K CPU

I have been trying to follow an o/c guide which says to set the various power limits manually but mine are stuck on auto and I cannot change that value.

I suspect there is another setting which I have overlooked that unlocks those power settings.
Can anyone offer advice please?

TIA

Dave

You have to enter in a specific, numeric value. The max is 500, I believe, so anything over that with just bump it back down to 500. When going to a max OC for benching or what-have-you, I usually set it these to 500. For just a ~4.5Ghz OC, auto should be fine.

I assume you're highlighting the option, then using the +/- keys on the KeyPad to change the value? Or are you highlighting the option, hitting Enter, then selecting the value from the drop-down menu?

Thanks ninjacore, I feel such a fool, I thought a seperate window would pop up as it does with turbo voltage.

Now to see how high I can get this puppy :)

Depending on the quality of your chip, you should be able to hit in the neighborhood of 4.9GHz at 1.35V or so and 5.0GHz at ~1.40V

Back