• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI AP, MB, CUDA, all in one at lunatics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
o sweet its about time they combine it all! I was always worried i wasnt combining the optimizers right in the app info xml

Does it include any CUDA optimizations? Probably doesn't include a VLAR kill hmmm... maybe I'll try it out tonight. Thanks for the link.

WOW! That's way to easy! :) I noticed that the Vlarkill was included... pretty sweet. I didn't even have to reset the project, and everything seems to be working ok. I'll keep monitoring it tonight, but I think it'll be fine. It's about time we didn't have to jump through hoops to optimize with CUDA.
Nice find Duner:beer:

Since BOINC is a 32-bit process, can I use these on W7 64 RC? W7 64 RC?

I just updated my main rig using the 64 bit version and it works great. If it works on Vista 64, I'm guessing W7 64 will be alright... all you can do is try :)

I noticed the app_xml only has the AP v5, have they stopped sending out the older AP units? Also, I thought the CUDA showed up in the tasks listing. I only see 8 tasks running. Is this normal?

I noticed the app_xml only has the AP v5, have they stopped sending out the older AP units? Also, I thought the CUDA showed up in the tasks listing. I only see 8 tasks running. Is this normal?

I haven't seen an older AP unit, only v5. CUDA does show up in the tasks.... it should say Seti Enhanced (CUDA)... or something to that effect. Has it downloaded any CUDA files yet?

Well, I have setiathome_enhanced 6.03 and astorpulse_v5 5.03, but only 8 running, I see no CUDA tasks. Are you saying there are special tasks for CUDA?

The CUDA tasks on my machine are listed as 6.08 (cuda) in the tasks list. Whether the tasks are actually different than other MBs or are just run with a different program IDK.

Regardless of that you should have 6.08_V11 listed as a CUDA app in your app_info file ...

Any chance you forgot to click the CUDA button when installing the program?

It's defaulted to not use a CUDA device.

The app file does have a CUDA entry. I installed an inexpensive CUDA card on another box, and it is getting the CUDA tasks. I guess the tasks are different.

Question on this. Since Skeletor's does not have a CUDA card in it, can I still use this or is CUDA going to puke all over itself. It would be nice to have MB backup units just in case AP doesn't send enough work.

Question on this. Since Skeletor's does not have a CUDA card in it, can I still use this or is CUDA going to puke all over itself. It would be nice to have MB backup units just in case AP doesn't send enough work.

This is simply an installer that gives you a nice graphic interface, to install the optimizations. There are checkable boxes for APv5, MB, and CUDA MB. Simply check the boxes you want to install, and away it goes. It works great. If you ever want to add something that wasn't checked, just run the installer again, and it will add what you want. It moves all of your old optimization files into a folder called (old optimizations) or something to that effect. So nothing is ever lost if you want to revert back. When I used it for my rigs, it even kept the WU's that were in progress, and just picked right back up when I restarted Boinc.

Way to easy! I upgraded since I am about out of ap wu's so I can continue with the mbs until the ap's get back up to speed.

Back