• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI featured on t.v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ppe1700

hi all, just thought i would post up as we're all SETI members :)
i watch this program in England called "the sky at night", and what they do is show whats happening in the sky regarding planets and stars, they visited arizona to see the phoenix space mission headquarters and all sorts.

this month, they visited SETI, and the woman explains how they analyse the signals with their dishes, what technology they use and why they do what they do.
i thought some of you might be interested and you can watch all the episodes online. the bad thing is, the BBC changed their website so that its only available for a limited time now (i once spent a weekend looking back through archives!)

you can watch this months episode here: Alien Worlds

and for future reference, the website of the program is here: The SKy at Night

just as a note: the old guy that you may have trouble understanding is Sir Patrick Moore. He has been around doing this show for years, since like the 60s or something.
also, he his house is not too far from me, and he often invites loads of famous people round his so they can watch events in his garden, like the lunar eclipse

hope you find this as interesting as i do.
regards
tony

Sweet zombie jesus I cant wait to watch it! I'm going to hook in right now.

I bet Seth is in it. Does he do anything else other than interviews? :>

Sweet zombie jesus I cant wait to watch it! I'm going to hook in right now.

I bet Seth is in it. Does he do anything else other than interviews? :>

hey did you watch it? :)
i dont know who seth is, but they interviewed a woman from Seti, and she shows you the inside of a recieving dish n stuff

also did you see the pictures of those new planets?

what you need to do is use a british proxy server,
http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/

and enable java script so that you can play the flash video.

the bbc never used to do this :( a bit of googling if will help you

Back