• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI gadget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No spreken sie deutsche!!

Just DL and try it (if you run Vista), I would but my work machine bit the dust yesterday.

Tried running it through the google webpage translator, kept giving me a page not found error. Then I just tried copying from it and putting it into google that way, no luck. And Im not installing anything unless I know what it is. For all I know:
die ungenutze Rechenleistung von Privatleuten
means replace your desktop background with pics of a mans privates.

Sorry, I knw that was uncalled for.

"die ungenutze Rechenleistung von Privatleuten" = "The unused computer processing time of private individual's computers"

Net translation:
"A colleague takes part very strongly in projects such as World Community Grid the "ungenutze arithmetic" (Ed:unused computer space/unused computer processing time) performance of private individuals for research and development uses.

On its request now this Gadget developed.

BIONC is administrative a Client the different of such projects. This Gadget indicates now the current progress of the active tasks of BIONC."

Americanized: :)
"A friend of mine has an active part in projects such as the World Community Grid where individuals computer's unused processing time is used for research and development. At his (her) request I developed the Gadget. BOINC is an administrative client for different (R&D) projects. The Gadget keeps track of the current active tasks in BOINC."

I thought BOINC already did that? :shrug: Maybe it's an administrative type program that keeps track of several installations. I'll ask my daughter if she comes over this weekend - she can translate German phrases much better than I ...

Last edited:
Back