• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shielded Bookshelf Speakers in 2020

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok so odd question for the times any more...

does any one know of any shielded bookshelf sized speakers that are half way decent for $100 and under?

i just seem to have a hard time finding if most of them are shielded or not any more and i gave up on the thrifts to find them

being magnetically shielded is crucial because i dont want to damage my PVM 20M2MDU.
I have a Toshiba SC335 amp to use them with. They dont have to blow you away with quality sound just sound better than the single speaker in the PVM.
Most sounds that would come out of them would be cartridge based game consoles any way.

Bring a compass with you when shopping in store. Or if your phone has a magnetic field sensor (most modern ones do), download an app. https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.mustafaali.sensorssandbox/ Check the strength of magnetic fields around the speakers and you'll be able to tell which ones have a stronger field.

BTW, hard drives are not as sensitive to magnetic fields as you might think. If it's close enough to the speaker for that to be a concern, the vibrations would be a much bigger concern.

Back