• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shopping new card for video editing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bruceGH4

Registered
My new build works well with Adobe Premier Elements editing software. I can tell that next bottleneck is a slight delay in rendering the screen due to my use of an older 1 GB video card. I believe that an upgrade to a modern 6, or 8 GB card will make all the difference. In future I may upgrade to Adobe Premier Pro, which is designed to use CUDA cores specifically. There are so many cards listed for sale, and I am not really gaming. I just want a fast render from the software to the monitor. What's the best deal in a 6gb video card?

Asus x99-A-ii, i7-6800k, Gamer Storm H2O by Deepcool, 4x8gb ddr4-2133 g.skill ram, sandisk 240gb sshd, toshiba 3tb hdd,
Evda gold 750, windows 10 home, amd radeon hd 6700 in Fractal Midi Case.
For editing video in 4K.

Looking at quadro cards on Newegg, I see some 4gb, 128bit cards from pny like Quadro M2000 for $600. Then the price jumps to thousands.
I can get ASUS Gtx 1070 (8GB, 256bit) with bells and whistles for $560 canadian!? So what advantage does a quadro have, other than my spell check upgrades it to Quadroon
which is very annoying.

Personal hobbies use. I got a Panasonic gh4 camera that takes 4k video makes large files to render.
I only have adobe premier elements which is good enough to burn blu-ray, but premier pro is a future upgrade.
Anything will be an upgrade over my current gpu.

Back