• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle SN45g CPU Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Koranuso

hey i recently bought a lil vantec heatsink/fan for my 8500LE, i like it so much that i was thinkin of buying a second one and placing it on top of the heat pipe heatsink to try and cool it even further.

ive noticed that even with the fan on full the top of the heatsink still gets quite hot

itd be a very tight fit but i think with some better cable management it would have plenty of airflow to cool well.

also i have no clue how to mod my PSU to run cooler, coudl yall sen dme a linky on tips.

i have the ACHME PSU 120watt for the SN45G

thansk for any help

just throw a tornado in there instead of stock fan, doesn't fit shroud, but use paperclips to attach it through radiator and out the back, works wonders, with that and 2 ear muff fans on the side i achieved 2c above ambeint on a 2500+

hmmm could ya dumb down that explanation please? im not even sure if yur talking about putting the tornado on my PSU or my HeatPipe

Put it where your cpu/system fan goes. The tornado pushes so much air that it will cool the entire pc. Of course, your ears wont like you for it.

ahhh yu just want me to replace the fan that is already on the heatsink

but im talking about wanting to add an additional small fan to the metal plate thats above my cpu as opposed to just replacing the fan on the vertical heatsink connected to the metal plate with the heatpipes.

Well, the heatpipes do a very good job of getting the heat up there. You might look at a 60mm fan for the plate. Btw, I thought the plate on the SN45 didnt have fins? If it doesnt, a fan realy wont help.

OHH OHH, lol. Guess I didnt notice, sorry. Anyway I dont think it would help too much. You could try, with some arctic silver adhesive, but you may or may not get a few c drop.

yeah i figured the vid card fan would act as the fins since it is a heatsink/fan all in one. and is small enough to fit in there.

not much else beside a video card heatsink//fan could fit in that small a space.

Back