• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SigmalTel sound not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
Hey guys on my laptop all of a sudden my sound no longer works. Everything is reported fine in windows and in Linux (ubuntu). It detects my sound card and drivers are working fine and it says there should be audio out but there is none. I thought maybe it was my speakers so I plugged in headphone and still no sound. What do you guys suggest I check? Where do I start to debug this issue? It is a weird one.

It started at the same time in Windows and Linux? Makes me think hardware issue.

Is it possible that something came undone inside the laptop?

It started at the same time in Windows and Linux? Makes me think hardware issue.

Is it possible that something came undone inside the laptop?

Everything was working fine a month or so ago, but my laptop has been just sitting on my desk, not used (and nothing place ontop of it) but my desktop is down so I opened the laptop and turned it on to Ubuntu and no sound, I didn't notice it at first, I didn't think any thing of it at first, I figured I'd just restart into Windows, things happened drivers break..I kept for getting to boot to windows though so it was 3 days later before I tried windows out and no sound. Now also in windows my wireless connects but I only get an IP addy of 0.0.0.0..wireless and everything else works fine in Ubuntu.

Back