• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silent cpu cooler question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jumpcut81

Hi

I'm looking for a cpu cooler for a silent build and I am trying to find an alternative to the Be quiet dark rock pro 4 because it wont fit in my case (I received a DRP4 today and my RAM is bigger than the cooler clearance). I do not want the noctua one because of the look... So I was wondering if I go with an aio like corsair 100i or NZXT RL-KRX52-02 Kraken (or other) and I swap the fans for the Be quiet silent wing 3, will it be silent as de DRP4? I got an old rig (i7-2600k) and I want to overclock the cpu to go with my new RTX2080. Eventually I will upgrade the rest of my rig so I dont know if it change the way I should choose my cpu cooler?

I am new to the world of building pc so I am very open to suggestions, it would be much appreciated!

thanks!

(sorry for my bad english, it's not my primary language.)

Silent? Le Grand Macho RT. No clearance issues with ram whatsoever. As good, or better than D15/14.

You could use it passively as well.

Try Mugen 5 or Fuma RevB by Scythe...both of them are alternatives to Noctua and be quiet.

Back