• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silicon Lottery price on 1600X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

This is confusing to me.

First of all, to see an R5 1600X on Siliconlottery.com guaranteed to overclock only to 3.9 ghz at 4.0 1.4 vcore on a high end motherboard cooled with an H105 is nothing to get excited about. Most of them will do that, won't they?

Second, the price on siliconlottery.com is $40 under the same thing at NewEgg. Seems like a dealt to me.

Attachments

• 1600X.PNG
    1600X.PNG
    69.6 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Thanks for catching that! I'll edit it. I must have been thinking about core frequency at that moment.

I also wonder if these 1600x chips on siliconlottery.com are culls that were found to be sub par in their testing. I would expect to get 3.9 ghz on less than 1.4 vcore on the average. I note they are sold out of most of their other offerings, both AMD and Intel.

I've bought a couple of chips from them, the good ones have tended to run $50 over retail and very well worth it to me.
at below retail I would think that they are culls, but still not a bad deal.

4GHz 1.42V is about average, 1.40V would be above average but does it really matter ? Most these chips OC almost the same so I don't think it really changes much if they test them. Even 1800X are +/-50-100MHz ... 100MHz already seems like a big difference but in daily work it's nothing.
The worst chips will still make 3.8-3.9GHz, the best 4.0-4.05GHz ... 4.1GHz stable is really hard to find as I see.
I guess it matters much more on Intel where can be +/- 300MHz or big voltage difference at the same frequency.

With Blackdesert Online running in the background, and pretty much what everyone says with 4ghz @ 1.4v.

3124724.jpeg

Back