• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

silver arrow back mount?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kratzaus

Registered
Please help,

I'm not sure which orientation the back-plate should be at (Thermalright Silver Arrow). A or B

Unfortunately as you can see I'll have to remove the mobo to install the backplate :(.

So i'd like to get it correct the first time :thumb: Mobo is an asrock extreme 3 gen 3.

Thanks for advice. Both ways use the correct holes marked as 1155 on the mobo.

Either way is fine. But for 1155/1156 and 1366 boards you need to remove that plastic piece from the middle of the backplate. That plastic square deal is only needed for LGA775 boards because they don't have an integrated metal backplate built into the socket like the newer Intel sockets do.

Hey Muddy. You notice that OP has the corner extensions of the backplate caught on the motherboard tray in both pics? That has to have the heatsink angled. OP -- how are your temps?

Yeah. But he actually addressed that problem in his original post. I believe he had just put the backplate up there to ask the question and it wasn't actually mounted.

Back