• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverstone 600-750W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DHP

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for a new PSU, and I'm going to be sleeving the entire PSU, it's my first attempt at sleeving.
As such I want a FULLY modular PSU, from what I hear silverstone with it's great PSU is the only one that has that 100% modular style. But the latest model have those capacitors on the PCI cable that seem's to be a pain to remove and since I'm a noob at this I don't want to embark myself in this and having to solder everything.

So I'm looking at a fully modular PSU without those capacitor the problem is that on the very website of silverstone I'm not sure of wich hasn't those capacitor since they don't say it's there when it is. It need to be 600W minimum and I would like it to be 80+ gold but I might go back to the 80+bronze I saw that dosn't seem's to have it. And it need to be real silent

It doesn't say in there ==> http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=319&area=en

But in this reviews it's there allright==> http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=275

Any help to guide me where are those capacitors absent ?

EDIT: I just checked on a video review for the 600w strider plus bronze that I was thinking of, that didn't have those capacitor also. When silverstone website dos not say it's there.

Last edited:
It'd be difficult to sleeve around them I imagine. I can't say I have any personal experience though.

The OCZ ZT series is fully modular, good quality and lacks capacitors in the cables to make your life difficult.

On the more expensive end, the CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid series (850, 1050, 1300) are also fully modular. I tested the 1300w and it is a very nice PSU. They aren't cheap, though.

What's so wrong with the capacitors? They don't look that terrible.

I'm going to be single sleeving wich should pretty much make it impossible !

The OCZ ZT series is fully modular, good quality and lacks capacitors in the cables to make your life difficult.
Don't know about those OCZ PSU It will be my last choice
On the more expensive end, the CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid series (850, 1050, 1300) are also fully modular. I tested the 1300w and it is a very nice PSU. They aren't cheap, though.

I wanted one of those even before the silverstone because of the hybrid mostly but theyre are just crazy expensive.

So no Silverstone witout any capacitor ?

EDIT: Just been watching at the 650 and 660W X-series from seasonic wich looks really good with no capacitor and it's hybrid untill 20% of power and of course fully modular it's sound good to me.

But does any one you have an idea of the difference between the 650 and the 660w ?

For me the difference in their website is from the cable: the 650 has 2x 8pin where the 660 has x1 8 pin and only 5x 4pin molex wherehas the 650 has 8 of those.

If that the real difference then it's sound pretty good.

Last edited:
I'm going to be single sleeving wich should pretty much make it impossible !
Ah. Well, in that case... :)

Seasonic makes an excellent power supply. That would be a great choice.

Back