• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverstone Temjin SST-TJ05 water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
feyd83 said:
How heavy is that case? Looks like a dual thermochill or BI would fit nicely in the top without interferring with the psu.

The case weighs 13.45KG (http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj05.htm)

I fitted the PSU in the day before yesterday I believe, and I think a dual thermochill would fit indeed.
If you like I could measure stuff for you after the weekend.

Hmm, seems like me last post didn't get through somehow...
Anyways, I have two new pictures to show.

This picture has several stuff built in to test the SATA cable length to the two FP-53's holding my two Hitachi drives in RAID0. I also attached the USB and audio cables going to the front/side of the case. The panel in the front panel uses connectors so they can be easily removed while connecting.
IMG_0322_640.jpg

The second picture shows the pump mounted to the bottom using double sided tape used for carpets and stuff. Very, very sticky :)
While the length of the tube coming from the bayres to the pump is quite long, it is needed so it won't interfere with the tubes going to and coming from the Cascade block.
IMG_0323_640.jpg

Finally got the extra Tygon tube in. My bad since I forgot the neighbour was gone for a couple of days...

Anyways, got the setup testing last night. No leakage :)
I have also ran the three 120mm fan's last night, and it not that noisy at all. I will try to mod the 120mm to 7V though. But that is something for later.

This is the setup on it's maiden run.
IMG_0324_640.jpg

IMG_0325_640.jpg

IMG_0326_640.jpg

This one kinda bothers me. Is this normal when using a bay-reservoir? The foam/air-bubbles was even worse this morning after 8 hours of running. Can someone please tell me this is ok and I don't have to worry?
IMG_0330_640.jpg

Last but not least a little video (2.29MB) of the bay-reservoir in action. At times it also gulps(?) in some air it seems. Dunno how to handle that.

My plan is to finish the case next monday as I will not be at home during the weekend.

With my Plexcool reservoir all the foaming didn't stop until I ran my MCP650 pump @7Volts. You don't want foaming cuz it goes all around your loop...

Lancelot said:
With my Plexcool reservoir all the foaming didn't stop until I ran my MCP650 pump @7Volts. You don't want foaming cuz it goes all around your loop...

I have noticed that too. It sometimes takes some foam in and pushes it throughout the loop.
What I want to try is to use some tube to place in the refill cap so that the water doesn't plash out while running the pump without the refill cap.
That way the air should be able to get out pretty ok.

How does you MCP650 run at 7V? Can it still push ok?

I have the same res. I was able to get rid of the bubbles by filling the res full. That way there is no room for the water to move around and hit the sides and top and mix witht he air.

It was hard to get the water in. I had my buddy hold my pc on the back corner so that the opening of the res was raised to the highest point and then I added water with an eye dropper, a few drops at a time. There is no way to get all of the air out, but by looking at your video you could certainly put more water in the res.

An ironic and familiar turn of events with that reservoir. People often recommend getting a reservoir instead of a T-line, because the former is supposed to ease the air bleeding process. A fair number of them does the opposite though...

I'm currently installing my old Innovatek system on the backup P3 PC and it also has a fancy reservoir connected to the pump. I had exactly the same problem-- when the reservoir cap was off the water would spill out, and when the cap was on there was a bit of air trapped beneath it and this would be sucked into the loop. In short, impossible to get rid of all air.
I've addressed the problem by drilling a hole in the cap and 'overfilling' it. Bleeding is very slow, but I will get rid of all air with this method. When done I'll seal the cap by screwing a stainless self-tapping screw into the hole.
A proper ghetto DIY remedy for sure, and not what one would expect from a "fool-proof & easy to install" system.
In any case I'm all the more satisfied with the T-line system in my main PC. Bleeding that was absolutely problem-free.

I got my bayres filled to allmost the max now. At least it doesn't swallow air into the tubes anymore :)

I finished the case for allmost 100% las night. Working till half past one and getting to work the next day is kinda hard :rolleyes:

Anyways, here are the pictures!

Shows the tube I made on the bayres. It wasn't fully leak free, but it did the job. Allmost all air is gone now.
IMG_0331_360.jpg

IMG_0333_640.jpg

This shows the machine with everything installed and a lot, I repeat, a lot of tie-rips! I need to get something to plug the HDD coolers to the thermal sensor bay, that's why not all the cables are nicely worked away atm.
IMG_0334_640.jpg

All in all it took way more time then expected (allmost four weeks instead of just one) but it was all worth it.
The only things I need to take care of now are the fan header for the HDD coolers, getting two 80mm fans for in the side bracket and I need to dremel the Tweakmonster BGA heatsinks to fit between the capacitors and on the mosfets.

Tonight I will make some more pictures from different angles. Front, back, other side.

Last edited:
Back