• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

skyrim help me with your tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha, thanks guys. Thideras was right when he said sneak archer is super powerful. I haven't found an enemy which hasn't been a OHK yet, except dragons because they detect you so fast.

I've had some pretty impressive bows. I don't do the enchanting loop, but I will make my own custom enchanting potion then stop. If you want to really make the game easy, just enchant a bow with paralysis. If you can't kill it on the first shot, then drop it and shoot it again! Destruction perks will affect the elemental enchantment damage placed on weapons.

One of my all time favorite kills was the dragon priest you have to kill in Labyrinthian. When you enter the chamber, he's way the heck on the other side of a huge room. When he came popping up like he's all that, I nailed him in the head with one arrow and boom, fight over!

If anyone wasn't aware, there is a physical damage cap on armor, and you can achieve it with pretty low level gear. I think it's around 600, maybe a bit lower.

That answers my previous question about the fire/shock damage. I need to get my destruction higher!

As a side note, I finished that quest today (going into Labrynthian) and I got a one shot on him too. Made me laugh because I remember fighting him with my last character and dying a bunch of times. :rofl:

567 is the highest possible armor rating. If your armor rating is higher than that, it will still show, but when the game calculates damage and such, the largest armor value is 567.

do you guys think using the hidden chests in the game is cheating? I used 1 of them and only took what i needed but serious question. Im not trying to ruin my game just having fun

I've used the one in Dawnstar. Soul gems can get expensive when you're trying to level enchanting. :shrug:

As a side note, find an item with the Banish enchantment and disenchant it. Put that enchantment on iron daggers, and even with petty souls, you have a 600+ gold item (at the shop). It's awesome. :thup:

I only ever knew of the dawnstar one. I stumbled upon that one when I was looking up fast ways to level enchanting. I never felt the need to find other ones. The Dawnstar one had everything I needed. :thup:

I'll post up my armor later today (after work). I think you guys will like that too. ;)
What armour do you use?
Dragon?

I'm using Whiterun Helm and body armour, I love the color and the way it looks.
Hopefully I can enchant it enough to be a viable option if I up the difficulty a notch.
do you guys think using the hidden chests in the game is cheating? I used 1 of them and only took what i needed but serious question. Im not trying to ruin my game just having fun

Pffft, naw. I call that a "bonus chest" :thup:
If there's no gold in it, talk to the kajhit women that owns the chest. 750 gold ought to should up.

Guys I need help. I have like 100 soul gems and I JUST learned soul trap. I tried to use it for the first time on some dude and when he died it said NO SOUL GEM BIG ENOUGH or something along those lines. WTH is going on... help please.

Guys I need help. I have like 100 soul gems and I JUST learned soul trap. I tried to use it for the first time on some dude and when he died it said NO SOUL GEM BIG ENOUGH or something along those lines. WTH is going on... help please.

Might need a grand soul gem for that guy.

Usually the falmer fir in to the common soul gems.
Try to pick up some empty grand gems from the chest glitch in Dawnstar :)

Wasn't that issue fixed with a patch? Or was it the unofficial patch? Regardless, it's far simpler to just explore or do quests. You can come out with tons and tons of loot just by exploring. Do the college quests if you want soul gems. There's also quite a few if you have Dawnguard, but most of all, explore the Dwemer ruins, particularly the ones that connect to Blackreach--they are absolutely loaded with soul gems and loot. I'm not against the exploits, I'm just saying you will come out ahead by exploring.

Back