• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sleeving cables first time, need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Natani

Registered
I want to sleeve my modular cables for my Corsair CX750M. I've used a spare molex cable and tested trying to get the pins out of the ATX end, the type 4 connector. I used some heavy duty staples to do the job, it was tough and my fingers hurt.

I been looking around online for advice and I have found videos and stuff but I wanted a bit more advice from a community I know has done this before. I want to go with acid green and purple Teleios brand.

I guess my question is, with a atx pin removal tool, would it be as hard to remove the pins? And how would I do it for the data power cables. I just got a new Corsair iCUE 220t case and it looks nice but I wanna make it nicer.

I've only done a handful of sleeving with mixed results. some of them turned out perfect, others, well, less than perfect. I'd say my biggest advice is to practice. The more I did it, the better I got. There are an assortment of tools to help with removing pins. I haven't gotten around to buying them as they can get pricey. Here's a link.

Please share pics of your project and build. The 220T is a beautiful case. Oh, welcome back too.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, be careful when doing the SATA power cables. There are products out there (satat connectors) that have failed consistantly and caused fires. Do a little research on those. There's plenty of info on the Google.

I appreciate the response! I was checking out https://mainframecustom.com/ for cabling and the parts, I may just get prewired stuff so I don't run the risk of messing up. I will also try to get a picture of the build right now.

I would recommend practicing on an old crappy power supply, cause like Blaylock said the more you do the better you will get. My last connector was far more consistent than the first one I did. Overall I hated the experience and wasn't too happy with the result. I went with cable mod this time around and am far more happy.

I would recommend practicing on an old crappy power supply, cause like Blaylock said the more you do the better you will get. My last connector was far more consistent than the first one I did. Overall I hated the experience and wasn't too happy with the result. I went with cable mod this time around and am far more happy.

Ya I was thinking of just doing that tbh.

Back