• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI or just buy new card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're gaming at 1680x1050 I reccomenda GTX260-216. At that resolution, if you overclock it, you're sitting at a great mix.

I'm in similar situation but my CPU is dated. Would it be wise to upgrade to a GTX260 (216)? My 8800GT is just fine for the games I play at 1680x1050 but I would like to turn on all the bells and whistles (i.e. AA/AF) for once... If my CPU is going to hold back the video card, then I'll just wait to upgrade everything when I goto Core i5 next year and by that time, the GTX270 (or even GTX280) might be more affordable too?

Thanks

I've also been researching the 4890, what are your guys' opinion on it?

Google for some benchmarks. From what ive seen... it falls in between a 260GTX core 216 and a 275GTX.

The good part about the 4890 is that its very overclock-able, its an awesome card and in the cyber deals section you can sometimes see them go for $180 or so.

Amazing how much power you can get for so little money nowadays.

Back